Revolutionary Wideband HF Manpack Radio
KNL is redefining the HF market, allowing users to efficiently and automatically use the whole HF spectrum through cognitive sensing for voice and data. The CNHF Manpack radio receives over 4000 calling channels automatically at the same time, selects the best channel independently and establishes link in less than a second – and it does all of this without intervention of the radio operator.
Operational in SATCOM-denied environments, the CNHF Manpack excels with wideband HF communications capabilities up to 300 kbps, supporting a variety of media formats. Encrypted voice and data ensure no transmission is compromised, while the user-friendly design allows for full operational fluency with just one day of training. With standard interfaces the system integrates seamlessly with existing tactical communications and C2 systems and automatic multihop provides the best network coverage by avoiding skip zones.
The CNHF Manpack is a portable and mobile version of the mountable CNHF1 rack radio.
Fully automatic cognitive system
Engineered for maximum security, resilience, and reliability, this system boasts the world’s most reliable HF communications using a Cognitive Networked HF Waveform that intelligently navigates real-time environmental variables without relying on radio channel predictions. With rapid Automatic Link Establishment in just 0.5 seconds, our CNHF Manpack radios are virtually impossible to intercept or jam.
- Automatic spectrum management
- Over 4000 calling channels listened simultaneously
- Instant link establishment – in 0.5 seconds
- GNSS independent
Superior network coverage
The CNHF Manpack delivers robust network coverage with automatic multihop networking, eliminating skip zones and ensuring continuous connectivity. The system seamlessly integrates into tactical communications and C2 systems through standard interfaces, i.e. UDP/IP and XMPP. It supports wideband HF communications up to 300 kbps across diverse media formats without performance loss regardless of the number of network nodes.
- Automatic multihop avoiding skip zones
- Wideband data rate up to 300 kbps for various media formats
- Seamless integration into C5ISR systems
- Standard interfaces, i.e. UDP/IP, SMTP/IMAP, and XMPP
Unmatched reliability for beyond-line-of-sight communications
The CNHF Manpack offers unmatched reliability for BLOS communications. It’s a standalone solution in SATCOM-denied environments, remaining fully functional without GPS, using asynchronous links for continuous operations. Fully automated operations built in the radio means just a short one-day of training to get mission ready, and web-based user interface makes it operable with pc, tablet and mobile. Above all, it maintains strict security, encrypting all forms of communication, guaranteeing encrypted transmissions at every turn.
- Standalone solution in SATCOM-denied environments
- Very easy to use – only 1-day user training needed
- Web-based UI – use with PC, tablet or mobile
- AES256 military grade encryption for all transmissions
Read more about technical specifications.
CNHF Manpack key benefits:
- Cognitive spectrum sensing: CNHF waveform dynamically finds available bandwidth based on real-time conditions, independent of radio channel predictions
- Receives full spectrum all at once – over 4000 calling channels
- Automatic Link Establishment and Re-Establishment – radio automatically scan for better link connections and establish/re-establish link
Extremely difficult to intercept or jam
- Cognitive spectrum management
- Automatic Link Establishment is much faster than with 3G/4G ALEs, down to 0.5 seconds
- Built-in ECCM: Survives in congested and jammed environments with built-in ECCM resulting from the cognitive spectrum sensing and dynamic spectrum access.
- Fully functional in GPS-denied environments with asynchronous link establishment and communication.
Superior network and coverage
- Automatic multihop provides extensive and reliable network coverage, avoiding skip zones
- Seamless integration into tactical communications and C2 systems with standard interfaces (e.g. XMPP, UDP/IP)
- Built-in 4G LTE
- Unmatched wideband data rate up to 300 kbit/s, supporting various media formats (voice, email with attachments, instant messaging, file transfer, C2 data transfer, Blue Force Tracking).
Easy to use
- Fully automatic cognitive system makes it easy to operate
- Short 1-day training to get mission ready
- Built-in antenna tuner
- Intuitive web-based user interface, operable on computer, tablet and mobile
Ready for deployment
- CNHF Waveform has reached Full Operational Capability (FOC)
- MIL-STD-810H standard, verified by an independent third party
- CNHF Manpack is in production
- Operable from -40°C to +55°C
- AES256 Military grade encryption
- All voice and data communications are encrypted
For extreme conditions – operational temperature -40 – +55 °C.
|HF: 1.6 - 30 MHz, VHF 30 - 54 MHz
|Up to 48 kHz
|TX Power HF
|HF: 25 W, VHF: 5 W (PEP)
|Better than -125 dBm (Bandwidth: 1.875 kHz)
|Dimension with handles
|105mm (H) x 210mm (W) x 305mm (D)
|Under 5 kg without battery
|Built-in, 100 Mbit/s
|USB-C, power and data
|Commercial. GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BEIDOU. Simultaneous tracking of multiple GNSS systems. Spoofing and jamming detection and reporting.